Friday, March 18, 2011

Almost done



The new building is coming along nicely for Gift Academy orphanage. The fundi or construction worker here did a good job and has done the work in record time. All should be ready to use it as a church on this Sunday. In the meantime we went to Kisii today and picked up 15 mattresses and 22 blankets for all the children to sleep on. They move into the building on Saturday. Now they all have a proper place to sleep rather then those two mud huts that were falling down. God truly is Good. We also picked up two shavers so that we can open up a kinyozi (barber shop) that can generate some income for them. The director of Gift Academy now also has a computer and printer to keep in touch with those that support him. Back at Sam's Academy I am making interesting discoveries about the girl I noticed wasn't doing well in class. She is not deaf yet she is in a deaf school. She still draws scribbles everywhere at the same time she is so adorable although a bit odd. I was just playing with her outside before coming into write this. We are best friends now. I hope she remembers me the next time I visit here...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke. Good luck with all of the great work you're doing there. Anything you need or want for the places you're supporting, just let me know. Keep on continuing to change the world in a good way !

    ReplyDelete